BECOMING A VOLUNTEER FOR NIGHT IN THE COUNTY
One of the reasons Night in the Country is a successful event is due to our many volunteers who donate their weekend to ensure our patrons have a great time. Last year we had over 400 people donate their time and energy to help put on an amazing show for Night in the Country.
Night in the Country is able to offer our volunteers a chance to participate in the Give & Get Program. This program was founded in 2013 and serves a unique purpose for non-profit organizations. With this program each volunteer will be able to work for an hourly rate ranging from $8-$12. This will then be donated by Night in the Country to each volunteer’s chosen non-profit organization.
Volunteers are required to complete an online application form, pass a background check, and complete the online training. The age requirement for volunteers is 18. Applications will only be accepted through July 2, 2018.
Dates and Times of Service
Volunteer work various schedules depending on their specific duties and responsibilities. Most shifts occur the weekend of the event; however, some will begin work a week or two before the event and some will work after the event. While some volunteers work many more hours, we ask that volunteers work 12 hours in order to receiver full volunteer benefits. Your work dates and time schedule will be provided by the Volunteer Coordinator via email once you have been approved.
ALL NEW VOLUNTEERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK THEIR FULL SHIFT HOURS BEFORE RECEIVING THEIR GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS.
For donating your time and energy we will be providing all returning volunteers with a 2-day general admission ticket for the Night in the Country Music Festival. This ticket wristband allows entry into the venue for the weekend. Along with the 2-day pass you will be provided with one free volunteer shirt. This shirt must be worn as a uniform and ONLY during your shift. We also have available meals and refreshments during your working shift, if applicable. Limited Volunteer Camping is available at a discounted price.
**Volunteer packets, tickets, and shirts will be issued at the volunteer center when you arrive on-site for your job shift and ONLY to those who have passed in the online training program. **
Training links will be sent to your email once approved and accepted into the program. All trainings MUST be completed by July 6, 2018 in order to confirm your NITC volunteer job position. If the training is not completed you will NOT be guaranteed a position. Your job placement and shift times will be sent out for your review and acceptance after the training is complete. The acceptance of your position needs to be completed before July 13, 2018.
**Parking passes are NOT covered with this volunteer program. Please check our website for pricing information. **
2018 Night in the Country Volunteer Descriptions
- Bar- Bar Back (expediter): Assist behind the bar with expediting drinks to the bartender. Job can take place in the venue, VIP tent or FMS- after party. Must be 21 or older.
- Bar- Bartender: Responsible for serving alcoholic drinks to patrons. Must be able to utilize good customer service. Job can take place in the venue, VIP tent or FMS- after party. Must be 21 or older.
- Campgrounds- Check In: Verify and scan tickets of patrons upon entry to the campgrounds.
- Campgrounds- Traffic Control: Help to facilitate and manage traffic lanes upon entry into the campgrounds.
- Event Setup: General setup of the campgrounds and festival grounds.
- Event Tear Down- Overall Clean Up: General tear down and cleanup of both venue and campground areas.
- Scrip Ticket: Selling drink and food tickets to our patrons.
- Silent Auction: Monitor auction items in auction. Close auction each night.
- Ticket Gates: Monitor venue entry gates and ensure patrons have and use proper tickets.
- Venue Upkeep: Help to keep restrooms stocked and cleaned, help to maintain trash removal
- Venue Ushering Services: Greet patrons; assist with orderly chair placement, monitor ticket verification.
- VIP Tent Drink Tokens: Help verify VIP wristbands and distribute drink token wristbands.
- VIP Tent Upkeep: Help with a variety of tasks, such as cleaning up and serving food.
- Will Call/Information Booth/Ticket Services: Answer general questions, distribute will call tickets, ticket sales (if applicable) provide overall customer service.
Night in the Country greatly appreciates your interest in the volunteer program, and we look forward to another great year!